Monday, 14 March 2011

SHAPES.

Still drawing considerable inspiration from Alexander Rodchenko, I created a sculpture evocative of his sculptures, containing a number of 2D shapes inside each other and rotating them to create a 3D sculpture. Here are my results...

The main flaw of this piece is how flimsy the circles enclosing all the other shapes are... However, I really like this piece. The ideas for my final piece are really flowing from this. In regards to the photos, I'm particularly enjoying the tonal qualities again, there's a gradient effect going on, the entire form appears to fade into the black surrounding it.

I moved away from the black paper to create some silhouette shadowing effects. These came out well, but not as well as I had hoped... The circles appear stronger in the shadow cast though. Here they are anyway.

Still loving it, all the same.

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment